Danny Boy Jazz & Blues 2015
Along with the usual mix of artist biographies and local information we hope to bring you the following:
- A new look gig-guide: Don’t worry, for those who like the old one, it will still be available but this year we want to bring you the option of filtering your festival plans by venue, by music genre or by date. And also allowing you to synchronise the gig-guide with your own calendar on your phones or tablet. That means you can keep reminders of where you want to go and when with you at all times if you so wish. You’ll also get reminders who’s next up! The new look gig-guide will also carry supporting information about the venue including map information for those less familiar with the town.
- Participation: As you may have already noticed, this web site now allows you to provide your own thoughts and comments on the venues, artists etc. and we hope to hear your feedback regularly in the build up to the main event.
- Easier Sharing: We think you will find the new site more fully linked into the various social media channels, making it easier to re-tweet, like and share to your heart (or fingers) content.
- Newsletter: Why not sign up for our new newsletter? We can then email you out regular updates on what’s happening in the build up to the festival and who has already confirmed their spots.
- Visitors: For those joining us from outside the borough, first of all welcome, and we hope to provide more information about what’s great about the locality and where to stay during your visit. We also hope to keep track of some of our visitors from afar via Google Maps. See how global our little festival truly is.
- Merchandise: You will now have the opportunity to purchase festival tee-shirts online and proudly show your support for one of the highlights of the local annual calendar.
- A trip down memory lane: It is the 19th running of the festival….so with 18 already under our belt, we would like you to give us your memories of any of the previous festivals. We’ll help by publishing some images from those early years but please send us your recollections from festivals past
If you have any thoughts on how we could add more features to the festival and to this website, do not hesitate to get in touch – either by commenting on a particular article, or by using the contact form on the website. Once again, we hope you like the new look and features of the Danny Boy Jazz & Blues website. See you at the 2015 festival.