Daylight Wobblies at Crusoes
Come on down to Crusoes in Castlerock for Christmas Dinner and the very best of music at Crusoes featuring the fantastic Daylight Wobblies on Friday 11th December 2015 at 7.30pm
A high octane, mostly ‘unplugged’ jam session of country blues mixed with a dollop of soul and all served with funk-filled irreverence and originality from some of the North West’s top musicians featuring guitar, bass, drums, piano, organ, harmonica and mandolin from current members of the Mudskippers, Graffiti Limbo, the Willie Byrne Band, Stray and others. These guys don’t take themselves too seriously and who knows what could happen or who might turn up to play.
Anyone who has ever been to Dunfanaghy Jazz & Blues Festival will know Donald Craig, lead singer in many a band. Donald loves to jam and puts raw emotion into every song. He also plays harmonica, bongos and guitar. He also loves having friendly banter with the other band members.
Rory “St” Clements keeps it funky at the back on keyboards and organ. He doesn’t need any introduction as he is one of the finest keyboard players in the North West.
Pat Muldowney plays lead guitar and is one of the finest working guitar players in Ireland today.
The backbone of the groove on bass is delivered by the fabulous George Kelly.
The menu for the evening
- A glass of mulled wine on arrival
- On the table a bowl of sour dough bread, served freshly baked from the oven with our homemade basil pesto and Crusoes tapenade
To Start …
- A bowl of freshly made creamy parsnip and apple soup topped with crispy bacon
This will be followed by….
- Roast Stuffed Turkey and Ham served with chipolatas, goose fat roast potatoes and pan gravy
- On the table bowls of brussel sprouts with pancetta and roast chestnuts, buttered carrots, parsnips and our own cranberry sauce
To finish ….
- Crusoes famous homemade cranberry and fig mince pies with fresh brandy cream
This festive evening costs £35 per person
Feel free to bring your own wine
You can book your place by contacting Crusoes in Castlerock (First Floor, 29 Sea Road, Castlerock, BT51 4TN) Telephone 028 7084 9618. Please have your credit or debit card details ready as payment will be taken at the time of your booking.
Given the popularity of these evenings and to be fair to everyone, we can only guarantee your reservation when payment has been made.
We arrange the tables in groups of four, but will try our best to accommodate larger parties of six.
As a guide to help with your travel arrangements, we plan the evening to begin at 7.30pm and the evening will end by midnight or so.
Cheers and best wishes,
Rog from Crusoes